How to Set Up and Optimize Sitemap code
Sitemap code is used for the google crawlers and bots to provide the path to recommend your website for indexations. It is the most common and most recommended tool to give your website recommendation from Google. But the main question is how to Set up and optimize sitemap code to recommend your site by the crawlers.
Before moving to setup and optimize site map firstly just go through about basics of sitemap code.
What is sitemap and Why it is important
XML sitemap is code or a document which tells Google and other search engines to understand your website data while crawling.
So the main reasons for using the XML sitemap code is that
- It will provide the path to the google bots so that every keyword is indexed automatically in Google
- As we all know search engine king works on link structure. If your website is new and have not sitemap code then search engine might not discover your pages for indexing.
- It also provide the data about your website like metadata and the URL, when it was last updated and what specification it has so that search engines provide you that value.
- Not only the data it also tells the importance of your page related to the domain of your website to various search engines.
Types of Sitemap Code
There are basically two types of sitemap codes are available
HTML( Hyper Text Markup Language) Sitemap:
This type of sitemap code is used for the users. So that site visitors can easily navigate the website pages and not only the visitors but search engine bots can also navigate the pages through this and decrease the chances of missing the page. But they have to go through all the pages.
XML(Extensible Markup Language) Sitemap:
search engines works on link structure especially google. So this type of code is used for the search engines crawlers so that they do not had to visit all pages. They just follow the links which are present in the website and crawl them and know the complete structure.
Methods to setup and Optimize Sitemap Code
As the name suggest that it is the map of your website which you provide to the search engine to recommend your website. So the main ways of setting and optimizing the sitemap code are
- Install SEO plugin by yoast.
- Click on the setting and then click on XML sitemap.
- A new window opens then click on check.
- Another window opens.
- After that go to webmaster tools and login your details after that click on the website.
- In that there is a option of sitemap code click on that.
- After clicking go to Add sitemap then click on that and paste the sitemap_index.XML in that. In this way you can setup and optimize your sitemap code.
For SEO services related to any field contact PPCChamp and increase the business approach organically and get value for long time
Phone Number: +91 9915337448
Skype ID: ppc.champ