How to find and fix duplicate content on your website
All the internet marketing service providers are well aware of the fact that after google new updates the link building is ignored by the Google. He gives preference to the user friendly content. But the main question for the webmaster or site owner is that how to find and fix duplicate content on your website.
Do you know that if you use duplicate then google don’t gives value and you can penalized under Panda algorithm. So you need to be very careful about writing the content. But firstly just have little overview about the duplicate content or copied content.
About Duplicate Content
In modern era of online marketing copied content is considered as the biggest culprit for decreasing the website traffic and not showing website on top search results.
The data which is copied from the other website is referred as the duplicate content or the same pages are indexed twice or thrice is also considered as duplicate content. It is of mainly two types
Types of Duplicate Content
There are mainly two types of duplicate content considered in internet marketing or SEO i.e.
Internal Duplicate Content:
It refers to the content which is used in same website twice or thrice. Like if your 1st topic is “SEO company in Chandigarh” and you write another topic i.e. “best SEO company in chandigarh” instead of giving it in tag. Then same content is written and it can create your own internal duplicacy.
External Duplicate Content:
The data which is copied from the other website is considered as the external duplicacy. In both the cases your website is penalized or even moved to the google sandbox and internal duplicacy is more dangerous than external duplicacy.
How does Google Handles Duplicate Content
Now the question arises that how the search engine giant Google handles the duplicate content to filter the search results.
So i am sharing the experience which i have noticed from last 3 years about duplicate content handling by Google.
- Firstly google sends his bots to crawl and index the pages.
- After that he check from the database about the copied content
- If the duplicacy percentage is very high then it will not give the rank to your website
- If duplicate content found then he thoroughly check the website for internal duplicacy
- Internal duplicacy found then he will decrease the traffic on the website. It is like first and last warning.
- If you don’t revamp your content and articles then after sometime Google will move your website to sandbox.
Because Google gives preference to fresh and unique content ore rather than reused content.
Methods to Identify Duplicate content on website
So now the main question arises that how to prevent website from duplicacy and angry Panda. So the main methods to identify the stuffed and duplicate content are
- Firstly search on internet about the different tools for checking the duplicacy of the website.
- Type the URL of your site and check for the duplicacy on different tools like Copyscape, Siteliner, MOZ, Keyword density tool.
- If there is any external duplicate content the check on Copyscape, it’ll give all the details of the website where you have copied your content.
- For internal duplicacy check on Siteliner tool.
How to fix Duplicate Content on Website
Now after checking the duplicate content then the main problem is that how to fix the duplicate content of website
So the main steps are
- Write new content or revamp the old one.
- Use bold, italic format to decrease the chances of stuffing
- If the data which your website contain is valuable then best approach is that you should revamp this in such a way that google consider it as unique content
After the latest Algorithms of google you should do the SEO of the website very carefully. if anything irrelevant is found then you have to pay the price for that.
Phone Number: +91 9915337448
Skype ID: ppc.champ
” PPCChamp work according to Google protocols”